Thursday 4 February 2010

Your pulling my Legg

Today Sir Thomas Legg's report regarding the expenses scandal came out (it seems to have 'come out' every week for 4 months), and MPs are told to repay £1.12m. Good, no problems there, obviously in terms of politics its not a huge amount, but on principle, its great news.

But, about half way down this BBC article it casually mentions "Some MPs have criticised Sir Thomas's audit - which itself cost £1.16m".

I'm not one to moan about politics much, I leave that to my colleague Chris's blog. But after months on scandal, the one thing at the back of my mind was, at least we're (taxpayers) getting a bit of money back, whatever it is. But it turns out, the whole thing has cost us another £400,000 or so.
Yeah, we've probably saved future money that would have been stolen, the principles are great, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth to know the whole thing has left taxpayers even further out of pocket.
Right, thats the first and last time i'll mention taxpayers. promise


No comments:

Post a Comment